Saturday, February 02, 2008

Our newest addition . . .

I hope that my children never ask for a cat, dog, horse, etc. because I really don't think I will have the will power to say no! Thus leads me to the introduction of Flicka the Fish, the newest member of the Thomas family. Let me take you back a step - Jacob has had a new fascination with fish. Whether it be the fish at the Bass Pro shop or the fish at the zoo, he loves to watch them and pretty much throws a fit every time we have to say bye bye to them. At first I was not keen of the idea of something else to take care of, clean, feed, blah, blah, blah. But then the soft spot in my heart took over and I thought that a small fish bowl wouldn't be that bad. So today I purchased Flicka. Jacob and Aidan were super surprised to see her when they woke up from their nap. It was very fun to watch their excitement. I am so glad that monkeys and tigers aren't legal, otherwise we might have the beginnings of a zoo in our backyard,



3 comments:

The Becker Bunch said...

Your boys are ACORABLE!! I love it. And I LOVE Flika!! I'm sure one of these day s we'll have to invest in a fish also, but for now Keat is content watching his "fish" on TV!!:) Do you guys think you'll be able to make it on Sat? I told Riss that if your hubby's didn't want to go, you could always just carpool!! NEways, hope you can make it!

Knight Family said...

YEAH for Flicka! I am glad you found a good fish for the boys :-)

E and K said...

The pictures of the boys looking at Flicka are so cute! I'm also impressed that you are taking a photography class. I have toyed with the idea as well as I have discovered that I really enjoy taking fun pics of the girls...they on the other hand get tired of the camera in their face : )